contact photo stored incorrectly in vcard
|Reported by:||ralph||Owned by:|
I am using roundcube-carddav to use my address book stored in a davical server. This works great. Only there is a problem with the photo stored by roundcube in the vcard. The photo is stored in such a way other clients (tested with evolution and android) can not display the photo anymore.
Steps to reproduce:
- create a contact with photo in evolution in an addressbook stored in a davical server
- using roudcube with the roundcube-carddav plugin installed, open the contact in the carddav addressbook and press save (without editing anything)
- open the same contact in evolution (after resyncing) and the photo is missing
I used cadaver to find out what was stored in the davical server and it seems the photo field of the vcard created by roundcube is incorrect :
Roundcube stores the photo as:
while it should be stored as:
When adding a hack to the roundcube-carddav plugin to replace type=X with ENCODING=b;TYPE=X the photos will work as expected.
I initially filed this bug with roundcube-carddav ( https://github.com/graviox/Roundcube-CardDAV/issues/13 ) but since the plugin uses the internal roundcube address book classes, it should be fixed inside roundcube and not the plugin. Please see the linked issue for more information.
Change History (5)
comment:4 Changed 13 months ago by alec
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened