gn and givenName should be synonymous in LDAP addressbook
|Reported by:||duelli||Owned by:|
We are using OpenLDAP on a Debian Etch server as an addressbook for Roundcube.
We only define the field givenName for the firstname of the contacts in the addressbook.
$rcmail['ldap_public']['firstname_field'] = 'gn';
the firstname of a user cannot be retrieved.
For example, ldapsearch yield the same results for the following two calls, regardless of whether gn or givenName is set.
ldapsearch -x -ZZZ gn=Michael gn ldapsearch -x -ZZZ givenName=Michael givenName
Roundcube should behave in the same way.
Of course, the current workaround is to use
$rcmail['ldap_public']['firstname_field'] = 'givenName';
but Roundcube does not seem to know that these two attributes are the same.
Change History (10)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by alec
- Component changed from Addressbook to LDAP connection
- Milestone changed from 0.3-stable to 0.4-beta
- Type changed from Bugs to Feature Requests
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by alec
- Milestone changed from 0.4-beta to 0.3-stable
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:4 follow-up: ↓ 5 Changed 4 years ago by duelli
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened