message selection (in conjunction with the preview pane)
|Reported by:||listlizard||Owned by:|
I'd like to see a different message selection mechanism either replacing or in addition to the current method of clicking on messages in the message pane. The new mechanism should allow one to select one or more messages without causing it to display in the preview pane or make RC hit the mail server. There are two issues that I expect this to solve:
1) If spam makes it into my inbox I want to be able to select it and delete it without causing it to display in the preview pane. Although disabling remote URLs avoids security issues related to the display of spam, it doesn't prevent potentially inappropriate content from appearing on your screen (e.g. at work).
2) If I need to select multiple messages for some reason clicking on the first one causes RC to try and load the message from the server and interferes with what I was trying to do. In this context, server access is unnecessary and wastes bandwidth.
A reasonable way to implement this would be to place a column of checkboxes in the message pane. Clicking on one toggles the checkmark without selecting the message for display (or displaying it).
Change History (8)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by alec
- Milestone set to later
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by listlizard
- Milestone later deleted
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened