When forwarding messages with inline images, inline images are broken
|Reported by:||aether||Owned by:|
I believe this may be due to the decode into temp files, and then re-encode temp files when forwarding behavior, but that's only if I understand the code I traced. If screenshots are necessary, I'd be happy to include them, but this bug should be easy enough to reproduce by attempting to forward a message with embedded inline messages and viewing the result.
Please let me know if further information is needed...I'd also be happy to try any patches or attempt to trace down what's causing this, but I'm pretty sure that it's due to improperly handled img id tags that need to match the attachments in the message, and that they're not being preserved in the attachment data as the message gets converted from it's viewable state to an editable state.
Or course, forwarding preserved messages as RFC822 attachments would be an acceptable workaround, however I noticed that the feature request specifies a rather long range milestone, so I'm hoping to find another solution.