Compose Window (TinyMCE): Add in-line image using attachment
|Reported by:||richs||Owned by:|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||tinymce, in-line, image, images, attachment|
A recently requested feature is "in-line" image attachments. This isn't supported by Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail yet, so it might be a Webmail first.
The latest version of TinyMCE does allow one to browse, upload, and display a local image:
Several changes are needed to Roundcube to support this. From what I gather:
- Upgrade TinyMCE (ticket #1484520)
- Incorporate TinyMCE "Insert Image" browse-upload function with RoundCube attaching.
- Change uploaded attachment names in "temp" to include file-type extension.
- Change "temp" .htaccess to permit access to files (but not dir listings).
- Instruct TinyMCE to use the uploaded attachment for temporary image display.
- Interpret in-line "cid:" images properly when opening a Draft for TinyMCE.
- Upon Saving/Sending:
Change header Mime-encoding to "multipart/related".
Add "Content-ID: <filename>" to MIME information for attached images.
Change in-line links from "hxxp://.../temp/attachmentname" to "cid:filename".
Anyone familiar with TinyMCE mind starting this, or refining what needs to be done?